Tuesday 8 December 2009

Bocca di Lupo W1

Bocca di Lupo is great - relatively new (at least to me) and certainly "hot" at the moment (but don't let that put you off). I have had one lunch there and I can't wait to go back - preferably for a long, lazy dinner with loads of food and wine. At lunch I had divine pumpkin gnocchi with foie gras ragu (I think) which was rich, sticky and incredibly delicious. We also shared some fried prawns and buffalo mozzarella bocconcini fritti romani - both good. A nice glass of valpolicella topped it off. We sat in the back - which is a great space and feels like a cosy New York Italian - but I would also like to sit at the bar, Barafina style.  Some people may have an issue with the location - personally I like Archer St's slightly grim industrial charm and I love the look of Bocca. So a must visit - if you can get a table.

Bocca di Lupo on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. And it just won a Bib Gourmande! This is one of my all time favourite places - whether you want to spend up on a long feast, or grab a quick bowl of pasta at the bar, pre-theatre. Glad to see we share similar tastes in so many venues (may be our Australian side!)

    ReplyDelete