Monday 4 January 2010

Fleet River Bakery - WC2

Happy new year! In 2010 I am looking forward to expanding my Central London Coffee Survival Guide Map (thanks to all those who have suggested suitable additions) and crossing off a few more names on my "places I want to eat at" list (including Pulpo, Wild Honey, Hawksmoor and Boundary).  Another place I had wanted to check out, mainly to see what their coffee was like was the Fleet River Bakery in Lincoln's Inn Fields.  I went there for a late lunch and as well as a flat white (more on that later) I had a carrot and hummus wrap thing - yes I know, healthy and boring but I am determined to start the year eating well...OK in all honesty I had had a mid morning sausage and egg sourdough sandwich at Lantana (which was sublime) and I was not really very hungry.  Anyway the wrap was actually delicious - not sausage sandwich delicious, but healthy, crunchy, fresh, good quality hummus delicious.  The flat white was also good - not amazing but pretty good, a tad bitter (which I don't mind) but with nicely steamed milk.  I liked the decor of the place and the staff were friendly.  Their cakes and sandwiches looked delicious and they had a cous cous salad that looked super tasty.  If I was in the area I would definitely go back.

Fleet River Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment