Wednesday 16 June 2010

Victoria & Albert Museum - SW7

Ahh - the V&A.  My favourite I think of the London museums - mainly because I still don't really know what it is, what it's raison d'etre is if you will.  I just love the fact that you can go there and look at over the top statuary, medieval pottery, browse an old fashioned library of art books or listen to a DJ in the wonderful central courtyard.  When I went on the weekend it was to the Horace Walpole/Strawberry Hill exhibition - which was a classic.  It was me and lots of very posh looking pensioners and I loved every minute of it.  There was also a Quilts exhibition (which I did not go to) and a grace Kelly exhibition (which I may visit at a later date).  The main seating area of the cafe is such a beautiful room and if it's sunny (as it was on the weekend) you can sit outside in aforementioned courtyard.  All in all the V&A makes me happy even if I'm not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment