Monday 25 October 2010

Taste of Bitter Love - E2

Finally!  This was my third attempt to sample the coffee at Taste of Bitter Love and I finally succeeded.  Tucked away on an unlovely stretch of Hackney Road, just round the corner from Columbia Road, it is a good alternative to the scrum around Gwilym's coffee cart on market day.  The flat whites we had were impeccable and the place itself is cool, although really dinky so take away is the more likely option.  They had some tasty looking sandwiches but as we had just pigged out at Hawksmoor (more on that later) we couldn't cram in any more food just then.  I am jealous of East London - they have so many good coffee places, I feel a little caffeine-starved down south.  So any aspiring baristas out there - go SW, preferably Wandsworth!

Taste of Bitter Love on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This is my local!! Another reason why Hackney is the place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - I can admire the many great things about Hackney without agreeing to the "place to be" tag! It's all about SW for me...

    ReplyDelete