Wednesday 1 June 2011

Nude Espresso - Soho Square W1

Hurrah - Nude Espresso has opened a new branch in Soho Square.  These guys roast their own (excellent) beans and turn out top notch caffeinated beverages.  My flat white this morning was so good it actually brought tears to my eyes (OK I am being a tad over-dramatic, as is my wont, but it was bloody good).  I only made it over to their Spitalfields cafe once and loved it and also loved their pop-up collaboration with Rapha in Clerkenwell last year so I am super excited about having a Nude branch right on my doorstep.  Although it does present me with a dilemma - I already feel guilty that I have pretty much forsaken my beloved Milk Bar for Tapped & Packed over the last 6 months (given I work on the north side of Oxford St it's just easier to go to Rathbone Place than Bateman St...) but now I will have Nude to hijack me when I am heading through Soho Square.  As I write this though, I realise how wrong this is so let me use this blog to make a pledge, that I will endeavour to make at least one visit to Milk Bar per fortnight.  Anyway not sure how this entry about Nude became a way for me to assuage my guilt at abandoning Milk Bar... Back to Nude Espresso - situated in the "forgotten corner" of Soho Square the cafe has the familiar stripped back, banquette, wooden seated decor that instantly makes me want to mainline coffee and hoover up cakes.  Speaking of cakes I was persuaded to have a rather gorgeous orange friand-y thing this morning.  Everything on offer looked good - it says something about my psyche that whilst I mentally rejected an amazing looking brownie as being unhealthy, I rationalised having the cake because it contained orange and had a raspberry perched on top.  Anyway this is a lovely little cafe on one of my favourite London squares, serving amazing coffee and delicious cakes.  Plus they're open all weekend - life is good people, get excited!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my God - I didn't know! Thanks for the tip. Good news, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there 4 times in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an affinity for most things Italian - food, wine, culture, shoes and espresso. Soho is a great place to meet with a friend over a good espresso and watch some colourful characters pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paedra - the people watching in Soho is one of the best things about it! Nude does have a bench seat outside - perfect for sipping a flat white whilst watching the passing Soho characters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been twice and this place is a winner. Only problem is (which is not Nude's problem at all) is that Ben always chooses the chocolate cookie which he inevitably gets all over his face/hands/napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds just like him (assuming that I am guessing correctly who Anon is in this case!)

    ReplyDelete