- when people walk in, particularly when it's super quiet, make sure they have glasses of water delivered to them ASAP
- make sure your waiting staff are on the ball - the waitress who brought us our menus took our coffee order and then promptly forgot it and never came back to apologise. Having said that the other waitress was super nice and really efficient.
- make sure the vibe is up beat (although not intrusive) - enthusiasm is infectious
- as above, good bread with the fry-up is a must
- make sure you check if people want more coffee when you pick up their cups - on the weekend most people will take you up on it
Anyway enough preaching - if you live in the St John's Hill area, this is a great addition to your neighbourhood. Make sure you support these guys - we need more places like this in London.