Friday 17 February 2012

BanhMi11 stall - Berwick St Soho W1

I am one happy luncher - finally I can get banh-mi in Soho again!  For those of you who have not experienced the deliciousness of banh-mi - they are Vietnamese sandwiches, served in crusty French baguettes but filled with all manner of spicy, tasty Vietnamese ingredients like pork belly, herbs, chilli and pickled vegetables.  One of the things I love about banh-mi is the contrast between the outside and inside of the sandwich - taste and texture.  Broadway market regulars may have sampled Banhmi11 sanwiches at the CapheVn stall (which I have written about before) and if you get the banh-mi bug like me I would also suggest a visit to the sublime City Caphe near Bank tube.  The Berwick Street market and in fact Berwick St itself is one of my favourite Soho places so the fact that I can now buy delicious bahn-mi there makes me very happy.  So check out Banhmi11 - I promise you'll be hooked.

Bánhmì11 on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. stumbled across your blog (by looking up the wonderful Birdhouse on St john's Hill) and really love the places you feature on here. Great news about Banh mi - can you tell me how much they are? Great for lunch!

    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena - I think they are £5. Worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eating one now. One happy punter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to your blog and google I found a happy lunch for a not so chirpy friend! I heard good stuff about banh mi 11 but never realised they were in soho. I was in the area and my mate wanted banh mi... google... your blog. Happy friend. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. apronandheels - thanks for your comment, glad the blog led someone else to banh-mi deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete