Sunday 19 February 2012

Fernandez & Wells - Somerset House WC2


I am a big fan of Fernandez & Wells, particularly the Lexington St store, selling delicious charcuterie, cheese and sherry (which is my idea of food perfection) so I was super excited to check out their latest outpost in beautiful Somerset House.  I actually went over the Christmas break, so the courtyard of Somerset House looked lovely with the giant Christmas tree as well as the ice skating rink in full flow (full skate?).  F&W have an amazing space on the left as you walk in from the Strand - with an open space in front that will apparently have tables as the weather gets warmer.  The inside is vast and seems to keep going on, room after room - I really like the first room as you walk in, with the main counter.  As
always the flat whites are great but for me the special thing about these guys is their sandwiches - they have sandwich making down to a fine art - their grilled cheese version is to die for but I could happily eat my way through the entire selection.  The only downside is that I never have room for one of their "pastel de natas" (Portugese custard tarts to the rest of us). I can't wait to hang out here in summer - there is always fun stuff going on in the courtyard at Somerset House during the summer months and I can't think of any better precursor than a tasty treat and a drink at the wonderful Fernandez & Wells.

Fernandez & Wells on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment