Thursday 2 February 2012

Pitt Cue Co. - Newburgh St W1

Oh my, oh my oh my oh my - I have tasted sandwich perfection and its name is the pulled pork bun from Pitt Cue Co.  OK, let me mop up the drool and take a step back.  For those of you who hung out at Southbank in the Summer (I am a total Southbank junkie - not literally, I mean I just like the place a whole lot...) the name Pitt Cue Co will conjure up a cute food van, under the Hungerford bridge serving delicious BBQ meats with equally delicious and dangerously strong cocktails.  Sadly as the long warm days drew to a close, so did the era of the funky Pitt Cue truck.  So it was with great delight and aforementioned drool that I read about Pitt Cue opening a permanent location in one of my favourite Soho streets, Newburgh St.  Some of you may remember Canela that was in this spot before - I didn't mind it but I'm really glad they moved on and made space for Pitt Cue Co (sorry Canela!).  This is a really dinky space and there is a no booking policy, but there are stools at the bar and around the window so be patient.  I was on a bit of a rushed lunch time so I chose the take away option and went for the pulled pork bun.  I couldn't wait to get back to my desk to eat
this baby - and here it is in all its glory.  I literally let out an orgasmic groan as I took my first bite - it was that good.  The tender meat, the perfect glazed, charred bun and the crunchy slaw inside - it was just perfect.  I am going to eat many of these buns - I'm telling you now and I will be back to Pitt Cue Co to sit in and enjoy some of their fine alcoholic beverages.  So if you find yourself in the charming cobbled enclave of Newburgh and Ganton streets then do yourself a huge favour and walk in the door of Pitt Cue Co for some pulled pork magic.

Pitt Cue Co on Urbanspoon

1 comment: