Thursday 15 March 2012

Foxcroft & Ginger - BOXPARK, Shoreditch E1


These days it seems to be all about pop-ups, whether it's restaurants, cafes, galleries, clothes shops or bars so I suppose it was only a matter of time before pop-ups got super-sized and we got a pop-up mall.  Strictly speaking though BOXPARK is not really a pop up, as I think it will be in place for 5 years and in the fickle world of hipster tastes that's more like two normal retail lifetimes.  A collection of various brands housed in old shipping containers over two levels, BOXPARK kinda won me over - I was prepared to be sceptical but I actually really liked it.  There are some cool shops here and I found myself getting caught up in the retail vibe, so much so that I bought a pair of jeans that are arguably way too skinny for my 40 year old self...anyway.  Upstairs on the second level is the new outpost of one of my favourite Soho coffee joints, Foxcroft & Ginger.  F&G offers what I consider to be Soho's best breakfast - ham & cheese brioche French toast drizzled with maple syrup and for that I will love them forever.  This new location is very different to the Berwick St branch but is really cool and serves the same great coffee made with Monmouth beans and a yummy selection of food, the BOXPARK (you like how I am buying into the capitalised thing?) branch is a great place to re-fuel in between buying your Kangol hat or your Vans trainers.  And I cannot recommend that French toast too highly - it ROCKS (and that capitalisation is totally justified).

No comments:

Post a Comment