Wednesday 22 August 2012

Honest Burgers - Meard St W1

 It's always cool when two previous blog posts come together.  I have written before about the absolute kick-ass burger deliciousness of Honest Burgers in Brixton Village Market and I have also waxed lyrical about Meard St, the jewel in the crown of Georgian Soho.  Well blow me down if Honest Burgers hasn't gone and opened a snazzy new joint on Meard St.  Praise be.  I went with some colleagues today and sat outside in the sun, eating one of the best burgers I have ever eaten (see pic below) - a special, with a beef and black pudding patty, apple tempura (how brilliant an idea is that??) and tarragon & caper mayonnaise.  It was awesome...just friggin' awesome.  Accompanied by the usual Honest Burger rosemary salted chips, this was the lunch of champions.  These guys know what they are doing and this new outpost is really lovely.  Top it all off with great service and what is there not to love?  What are you waiting for burger lovers?  Get down to Honest Burger, soak up the Georgian vibe of Meard St and take a moment to appreciate that sometimes two great things come together and make the world a little better.


5 comments:

  1. I just discovered this street the other week while I was waiting outside Burger & Lobster for my friends to arrive. I thought ooh, what's that street and discovered it was the home of the new Honest Burger and that it's a completely lovely street. I can't believe I'd never even noticed it before. And it has one of the 'Soho noses' on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the nose! Good spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben - get down there, those burgers are top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear
    Hello,
    I’m Ele, and I’m on the eCommerce team at Square Meal (squaremeal.co.uk). Whilst getting to know the Square Meal world and website, I’ve been looking at the input of bloggers, who link their personal blogs to restaurant pages on our website.

    I’ve come across your blog and have really enjoyed reading about your foodie experiences. I’d like to invite you to link your blog to the Square Meal restaurant review.

    For our users, it is so useful to have easy access to other diners’ experiences, to help them choose a dining venue. Including a link to your blog on our website will increase traffic to your blog.
    The Square Meal website has over half a million visits and 2.5 million page-views each month, so there’s great potential for people to click through to your blog.

    Linking is really easy. To add a blog review to Square Meal;

    • Visit www.squaremeal.co.uk
    • Search for the restaurant and visit its Square Meal page
    • Click on the Blog reviews tab (where all blogs appear)
    • Select Find out how
    • Copy the HTML link of the Square Meal badge (we provide a few so choose which you prefer) and past it into your blog post. Please ensure that you do this in HTML view
    The eCommerce team then approves the blog link and your review (and ability to link directly to your blog) will appear on Square Meal within the week.

    It would be great if you would try out linking to us as we’re so excited about this feature.

    If you have any questions or suggestions about the blog link or about how we can improve your experience, please do get in touch – via email (eleanor@squaremeal.co.uk), phone, Facebook or Twitter.

    Best wishes

    Ele

    ReplyDelete