Tuesday 27 November 2012

Brasserie Zedel - Sherwood St W1


I am a massive fan of everything Chris Corbin and Jeremy King do - if I could eat breakfast at the Wolseley every day I would (I dream of having my own table there - "your usual table Sir..." etc) and nowhere does the "post theatre" late supper vibe better than The Delaunay.  So of course I couldn't wait to check out Brasserie Zedel (which is no longer their latest venture given the recent opening of Colbert on Sloane Square - stay tuned for another blog post). Those

 of you who were living it large in the late 90's will have no doubt have indulged yourselves at the Atlantic Bar & Grill, which was the last high profile occupant of this vast space.  As much as I sometimes get nostalgic for some Millenium coke & champers action, Brasserie Zedel is totally more my thing these days.  I recommend you start your evening with a cocktail at Bar American - before heading in to
 this loving recreation of a grand Parisian bistro.  The food is well made bistro fare - the last time I went I had a lovely Beetroot and Lamb's Lettuce Salad followed by the Plat du Jour, which was (in true authentic French style) Chicken with Tarragon Sauce.  All perfectly delicious, simple stuff - washed down with a half bottle of French red and a bill for the two of us that came to less than £70.  Pretty darn good for a prime central London location, a truly classy establishment, tasty food and a great vibe.  A winner for Mr Corbin and Mr King - again.

Brasserie Zedel on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Ooof, but the cost of a meal . . . (especially since we girls pay for our own these days) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a bargain Sally - for the surrounding and the quality of the food. Hard to get a good night out for £35 a head these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. should have gone for the prix fix - 2 courses £11.00 bargain!

    ReplyDelete